Last updated September 28, 2023
your data in relation to our services, including our website and social media presence. We
prioritize your trust and are committed to upholding our privacy obligations. We appreciate
feedback and encourage you to reach out if you have questions or need additional clarification.
Personal data collection related to employment is addressed in distinct policies available from
our Human Resources department.
Who We Are
Climate Vault Solutions, Inc., accelerates the ability of organizations to achieve verifiable,
scalable, and immediate carbon reduction and ultimate removal. We are headquartered in
Seattle, Washington, and we extend our services to global patrons.
We collect and process personal data for our operational needs and to deliver our services.
We may also process personal data that our partners and associates have collected and
instructed us to process for their specific requirements as part of our services. We use this
partner-controlled data only as permitted by our partners in our agreements with them, not for
our general business purposes. If we have access to your data as a service provider, you can
of our partner that controls your data to understand its privacy practices.
- You, as the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable. Under GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), You can be referred to as the Data Subject or as the User as you are the individual using the Service.
- Company (referred to as either “Climate Vault”, “the Company”, “We”, “Us” or “Our” in this Agreement) refers to Climate Vault Solutions, Inc., Seattle, Washington, United States. For the purpose of the GDPR, the Company is the Data Controller.
- Affiliate means an entity that controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with a party, where “control” means ownership of 50% or more of the shares, equity interest, or other securities entitled to vote for election of directors or other managing authority.
- Account means a unique account created for You to access our Service or parts of our Service.
- Website refers to the Climate Vault website, accessible from https://www.climatevault.com/
- Service refers to the Website.
- Country refers to: United States.
- Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of the Company, to perform services related to the Service, or to assist the Company in analyzing how the Service is used. For the purpose of the GDPR, Service Providers are considered Data Processors.
- Third-party Social Media Service refers to any website or any social network website through which a User can log in or create an account to use the Service. Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
- For the purposes of GDPR, Personal Data means any information relating to You such as a name, an identification number, location data, online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural, or social identity.
- For the purposes of the CCPA (California Consumer Privacy Act), Personal Data means any information that identifies, relates to, describes, or is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with You.
- Cookies are small files placed on Your computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, containing the details of Your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
- Device means any device that can access the Service, such as a computer, a cell phone, or a digital tablet.
- Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Data Controller, for the purposes of the GDPR, refers to the Company as the legal person which alone or jointly with others determines the purposes and means of the processing of Personal Data.
- Do Not Track (DNT) is a concept that has been promoted by U.S. regulatory authorities, in particular the U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC), for the internet industry to develop and implement a mechanism for allowing internet users to control the tracking of their online activities across websites.
- Business, for the purpose of the CCPA, refers to the Company as the legal entity that collects Consumers’ personal information and determines the purposes and means of the processing of Consumers’ personal information, or on behalf of which such information is collected and that alone, or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the processing of consumers’ personal information, that does business in the State of California.
- Consumer, for the purpose of the CCPA, means a natural person who is a California resident. A resident, as defined in the law, includes (1) every individual who is in the U.S. for other than a temporary or transitory purpose, and (2) every individual who is domiciled in the U.S. who is outside the U.S. for a temporary or transitory purpose.
- Sale, for the purpose of the CCPA, means selling, renting, releasing, disclosing, disseminating, making available, transferring, or otherwise communicating orally, in writing, or by electronic or other means, a Consumer’s personal information to another business or a third party for monetary or other valuable consideration.
Collecting and Using Your Data
Types of Data Collected
While using Our Service, We may ask You to provide Us with certain personally identifiable
information that can be used to contact or identify You. Personally identifiable information may
include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
Usage Data is collected automatically when using the Service.
Usage Data may include information such as Your Device’s Internet Protocol address (IP
address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that You visit, the time and
date of Your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers, and other diagnostic
When You access the Service by or through a mobile device, We may collect certain information
automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device You use, Your mobile
device’s unique ID, the IP address of Your mobile device, Your mobile operating system, the
type of mobile internet browser You use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that Your browser sends whenever You visit our Service or
when You access the Service by or through a mobile device.
Use of Your Personal Data
The Company may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service, including monitoring the usage of our Service.
- To manage Your Account: to manage Your registration as a user of the Service. The Personal Data You provide can give You access to different functionalities of the Service that are available to You as a registered user.
- For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance, and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items, or services You have purchased or of any other contract with Us through the Service.
- To contact You: To contact You by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application’s push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products, or contracted services, including security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To provide You with news, special offers, and general information about other goods, services, and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless You have opted not to receive such information.
- To manage Your requests: To attend and manage Your requests to Us.
- For business transfers: We may use Your information to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Data held by Us about our Service users is among the assets transferred.
- For other purposes: We may use Your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, and evaluating and improving our Service, products, services, marketing, and your experience.
We may share your personal information in the following situations:
- With Service Providers: We may share Your personal information with Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service, to contact You.
- For business transfers: We may share or transfer Your personal information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- With business partners: We may share Your information with Our business partners to offer You certain products, services, or promotions.
- With other users: When You share personal information or otherwise interact in public areas with other users, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside.
- With Your consent: We may disclose Your personal information for any other purpose with Your consent.
Purpose for Collection and Use of Personal Data
This section describes more specifically how our use of personal data relates to the purposes for which we collected the data.
Visitors: We collect data about visitors:
- to operate our website – web servers, by their nature, must capture your IP address and information about your browser and device to display our site to you;
- to develop our website and Climate Vault’s mission – we use the information to help us understand what part of our website and climate solutions is of interest to different kinds of visitors so that we can modify and improve our site content and other informational materials to be more appealing to prospective contributors; we may also use the information about your site visits and other visitor interactions to help us measure interest in our mission or various features of our mission;
- to show you personalized content when you visit our site – we use information about your prior visit to our site to customize your subsequent visits; for example, we may make information about climate solutions that appear to be of interest to you based on your prior visit more visible to you as part of your navigation of our site;
- to measure the success of our advertising efforts – we use visitor information to verify whether the ad services we purchase from third parties are actually resulting in visits to our site or other visitor interactions;
- to register you for webinars, office visits, or other online or off-line events we may host, and to communicate with you as part of our marketing efforts – if you provide us with contact information, we may use it to send you communications about Climate Vault, our climate solutions, or related topics that we think you may find of interest. Customers: we use data collected about account users (alone or as combined with data collected as part of a customer’s visits, such as pre-login activity on the Site):
- to provide our online services – we use login credentials to authenticate individuals as authorized users of our services; we use data collected by our servers as necessary to provide the services;
- we use contact information to send invoices and other account communications, authenticate individuals who request information or support on the customer’s behalf, and administer your account, such as processing billing information to complete your transactions; we may also use your contact information to communicate with you about service issues or to provide support;
- to review compliance with usage terms in our services agreements; for example, if the customer’s use of our services is limited to a certain number of individuals, we may use personal data to help us monitor compliance with usage restrictions;
- to help us develop our service offerings – we use information about your use of our services to measure interest in various features and plan enhancements or new features, and to improve user experience;
- to communicate with you as part of our marketing efforts – we use contact information and information about your use of our services to send you communications about our climate solutions, or related topics that we think you may find of interest; and
- to market our services – if you provide a testimonial or other content for marketing purposes we will publish the content with your name or other identifying information that you authorize us to use; if you agree that we may use you as a reference, we may provide your name and contact information to prospective customers for our services so that they may contact you to discuss your experience with Climate Vault.
- Please note that if you participate in a webinar or other open forum on our site your communications in that forum will be available to all other participants.
Requests to access, amend, delete or restrict the use of your personal data
Retention of Your Personal Data
Security of Your Personal Data
The security of Your Personal Data is important to Us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Your Personal Data, We cannot guarantee its absolute security.
How to Contact Us
would like to access, correct, delete, limit our use, or take other action with regard to your
personal data, please reach out to us. If we hold your data solely as a service provider for our
partner, we kindly ask that you first contact our partner with your request.
You may contact Climate Vault at email@example.com or via mail: Climate Vault, 113
Cherry Street, Suite 18101, Seattle, WA 98104